Parading Through March 2019 Big Easy Style

Hey Y’all,  it’s that time again! We have reach the end of March and just as the other months, time has zoomed by right before our eyes. Guess what y’all, I have good news... I survived Mardi Gras 2019πŸ˜‚. It was an eventful experience that was enjoyable for the most part to my surprise. Originally, I was trying to avoid the massive influx of visitors to the city because I thought it would be really overwhelming, but to my surprise the buzz of the city was manageable. I made it to 3 of the big parades accompanied by some of my awesome classmates pictured below. Hindsight, I’m glad I stayed in the city because we had a great time! The high of Madi Gras festivities came to an end quickly in light of academic responsibilities of upcoming presentations  and the overhaul of Pharm Shelf exam studying. In between papers and shelf studies,  I still managed to get in a couple of hours of volunteering the Goldring Center and with Kipp. I guess I should congratulate myself on managing my schedule pretty well this month. As I reflect, March has been way more everntful than the past few months and I’ve checked off quite alot! You go girl! 😊*Insert my celebratory dance here* 

On a more serious note, March is a month of highlighting 2 movements I personally endorse. March is declared as Women’s History Month, which kicked off with International Women’s Day on March 8th. Everyday of March, I look forward to my daily feed featuring the pioneering  contributions women have made throughout history to society as we know it. What I particularly like the most is the emphasis on the recognition of upcoming women trailblazers of today! Such an awesome way to keep encouraging future generations of women innovators. March is also dedicated to Colorectal Cancer Awareness. My greatest influence to this day, a fiercely, courageous woman, I knew for all of my life fought like hell for over 10 years against colorectal cancer. Through it all she did so with such vigor, grace and an exuberant smile. That woman was my mom. As a result of watching her work tirelessly in this movement, I will always honor her by continuing her legacy in advocating to spreading the awareness of colorectal cancer throughout the community. There are events year round really, but particularly in the month of March. I made a trip back to Atlanta to celebrate Colorectal Cancer Awareness with some awesome orgs I’ve been connected with in the past. I’m disappointed, I didn’t get pictures but I can tell you guys it was an awesome experience. The fundraiser events were phenomenal and it was great reconnecting with some familiar faces.


Well that pretty much sums up March for me. With an exam coming up tomorrow, I better get back to studying..Until next time, Y’all be Easy! ☺️

Total Service Hours for March :8
Cumulative Hours:25




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October

November 2018

January 2019