November 2018

Well hello there everyone!! It’s the holiday season and we are fast tracking it to the very end of the semester. I can l finally say that I am acclimated to the academia in my program and NOLA living. I must say that I have worked equally as hard and enjoyed every moment of this month. I’ve gotten in to some new areas of service with Kipp Leadership as well Edible Schoolyard New Orleans in addition to continuing to serve at Goldring kitchen.The Edible Schoolyard is truly a treat. It is a beautiful garden of vast veggies and herbs planted/maintained by the students..I handpicked fresh basil from that very garden to prepare the basil water for the 20th anniversary celebration. The experiences at KIPP have been just as exciting. The staff is so welcoming and  grateful for your presence. With all the new services and academics one can probably guess that I’ve been busy, busyπŸ˜†... it’s honestly been a good busy.. so much so that I’m managing my day to day tasks really focused and with minimal distractions. All this has come at a price of less time in the gym and leisure time. I managed to squeeze in a bit of fun though. A few friends and I had a Friendsgiving right before an exam. To be honest, that was quite special to me personally.  Leading up to the break, I was anxious about how I was going to feel with the upcoming holidays. My Pharmily πŸ˜‰ and I pulled together a wonderful feast all while studying for our pulmonology block. The holiday break was much needed to recharge just in time for the final weeks of the semester. I’m psyched to see what the next few weeks have in store. Til next time folks..


Total Service Hours for November:13


Cumulative Hours:29


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October

January 2019