October

Hey Y'all. Wow. October has come and just like that we are here at the end. The month of October has been accompanied with a few final adjustments and an increased sense of ease getting around NOLA. I like to think I have gotten used to the climate and time difference but let me get back to you guys about that next month. ðŸ˜‚ Studies have been intense but manageable. My time management is still a challenge but I think it is getting better everyday. A few times this month I tried some new vegan dishes and they were absolutely tasty. Ms. Beasley’s food truck is my current favorite. I didn't get very much volunteering in this month, although I did reach out to a few organizations that I am interested in serving with in the in next few months. I must say that I am looking forward to getting out and getting my hands dirty while getting to know my neighbors and their families through community service. The series for the group I’ve been working with ended this month at the Goldring Culinary Center. I was sad to say my goodbyes to my group but I am equally excited for my new group this next month. We have a few exams coming up before the holiday break, and I can’t believe it’s already time to gear up for the holidays. It’s literally right around the corner. Then again, I'm not surprised I hadn't noticed,  because my head has been tucked behind my laptop and into a fews books except for the occasional times I come up for air LOL...but hey thats literally the definition of grad school life right!?☺️Just add a pinch of NOLA flavor and graduate academia and viola.. The recipe to my current life. Until next time folks, Be Easy!😉


Total Service hours for October:8
Cumulative:16

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

November 2018

January 2019